Here at S’well HQ, we love to travel. Whether it’s a weekend road trip to the local watering hole or a month-long voyage across Europe, there are always new places to see and people to meet. While it does require a considerable amount of planning, traveling doesn’t have to be complicated. Here are a few of our go-to tips and tricks to make the most of your trip.
1. Book smart. Travel sites are notorious for tracking how you interact with their websites. Enable private browsing when searching for flights or reservations to ensure they don’t raise prices every time you revisit.
2. Have backup. Make digital scans of all important documents (ID, passport, visa, itinerary, contact information, etc.) ahead of time incase they are stolen or you lose them. You might also consider investing in a portable phone charger. You never know when you might need a little extra juice for that iPhone 6.
3. Call ahead. Let your debit and credit card company know that you will be traveling ahead of time as to avoid any problems with foreign or suspicious charges.
4. Find the right bag. We’re partial to these new Away rolling suitcases that offer “first class luggage at a coach price.” They’re sleek, stylish, and even come with a built-in USB charging port.
5. Pack light. Remember that layering is key. Think about your outfits ahead of time to figure out the best ways to mix and match. Store your liquids in smaller containers to conserve space and weight. Check out Muji for a great selection of travel accessories.
6. Don’t forget the essentials. A good camera, a comfortable pair of shoes, and of course, a S’well Bottle are all major key when it comes to traveling. Our Seafoam and Tahoe Dusk bottles are perfect for any type of summer destination.
7. Make space. When it comes time to pack, roll all of your clothes for the most efficient use of luggage space. If you’re using a bag with wheels, pack with the heaviest items at the base. This will make maneuvering the bag a lot easier.
8. BYOB. Regardless of how you’re planning on getting to your destination, it’s always a good idea to provide your own drinks. S’well Bottle is the perfect accessory for staying hydrated throughout the flight or sneaking wine onto the train.
9. Consider bathroom breaks. If you’re on a road trip, plan pit-stops along the way so you don’t find yourself in a pickle. This is even more important at airports, where flights are time sensitive and security lines are long.
11. Immerse yourself. For a more authentic experience, consider using a service like AirBnB. It’s a great way to connect with other travelers and get to know the locals.
Happy traveling, jet-setters. Share your S’well travels with us on social media by tagging @swellbottle or by using the hashtag #SwellBottle.