If you’re anything like us, you’ve been waiting for picnic season for what feels like an eternity. Thankfully, it’s finally upon us, and we couldn’t be more thrilled to bust out our best picnic accessories and hit the park and/or beach. To optimize our collective fun in the sun, we’ve put together a list of picnic must-haves—so we can all get outside, ASAP. Here’s everything you need for a S’well day in the sun.
- Rosé. This might be obvious, but a beach day is always better with a little bit of booze. Particularly when it’s from the south of France and is the prettiest color pink you can imagine. Keep it cold in our 25oz S’well bottle—it fits an entire bottle of wine. Not a wine drinker? Bring a bounty of your favorite brew (whether it’s IPA or iced coffee) in our new Roamer, and share with friends—in our Tumblers, of course.
- Friends. When it comes to beach days—where no reservations are required—we say it’s the more the merrier. Invite friends from all walks of life—the casual outdoor vibe makes it easy for new acquaintances to strike up conversations and new friendships. Tell them to B.Y.O. Blanket to be sure there’s plenty of square footage for lounging.
- Snacks. Think about things that are portable and easy to share, and that don’t require too much slicing and dicing (unless you’re an overachiever and did the slicing and dicing beforehand and have a really good reusable container selection). You can’t go wrong with bread and cheese, chips and salsa, or a few deli sandwiches, cut into small slices for sharing. And we’d never say no to an olive or six. We’d recommend bringing an extra Roamer full of ice cold water to stay hydrated in the heat.
- Necessary Accessories. A few things you’ll be bummed if you forget: a wine opener; a sharp knife; an umbrella for shade; face-friendly SPF; last but not least, portable speakers.
- Unnecessary-but-Highly-Fashionable Accessories. Everyone knows a picnic—whether it’s at the beach or the park—is the place to show off your fresh warm weather wardrobe. Bust out a huge sun hat or amazing pair of shades, and make sure your beach blanket is up to snuff—this season, we’re loving floral patterns or gingham.
Shop picnic essentials below:
YELLOW GOLD ROAMER