Happy New Year, everyone! 2016 is full of potential, so we are naming January the month of “New Year, New You.” Over the next few weeks, we (plus, some guest bloggers) will be posting about different ways you can improve yourself this year. We’ll cover it all: from clean eats and workouts that make you s’weat, to beauty and lifestyle tips. In the meantime, we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite New Year’s resolutions from Team S’well.
- Get more sleep. Quit binge-watching the new Netflix show and get those z’s.
- Take more pictures.
- Pick up a new hobby. Learn a new language. Learn to code!
- Keep things tidy and join the #cleandeskclub.
- Meet more people. Just swipe right.
- Take some time to reflect and journal regularly.
- Recycle more, waste less. Less plastic, more S’well.
- Go to more concerts. They sound even better live.
- Read more. Your daily subway commute will fly by with a good read.
- Travel. Get out of your comfort zone & explore.
- Hit the gym or your favorite spin class. We’re partial to our neighborhood Equinox.
- Learn to cook. Follow our Pinterest board for kitchen inspo.
- Don’t s’weat the little things. Everything will be alright.
- Drop your keys and save gas by walking or riding a bike to your next destination.
- Be on time even if that means setting your clock early.
- Show gratitude. Focusing on the good things in life will make you happier.
- Tweet less, live more IRL.
- Drink more water. We can help with that.
There are plenty of more “New Year, New You” blog posts to come, so be on the lookout. Until then, you can check out more lifestyle tips on our Pinterest page.
We’re a few weeks into the new year and maintaining the “New Year, New You” attitude. Aside from drinking our daily smoothies, Team S’well has been working on our fitness. Whether it is a yoga class, boot camp, spinning or lifting at the gym, we’ve always got a sleek stainless steel S’well water bottle with us. There’s nothing worse than when you reach for your water bottle mid-sweat, wanting a sip of refreshing water, left only to find that it’s warm. But since S’well bottles are made of insulated stainless steel, they will keep your drink cold for 24 hours, guaranteeing a thirst quenching sip till your workout is through.
Our friends Ivens Solstad, @IvensFitness and Brendan Fallis @brendanfallis, DJ & fitness enthusiast, have shared with us part of their daily routines that have been whipping us into shape:
LEGS by Ivens Solstad
Squats – 4 sets of 12 reps
Lunges – 4 sets of 10-12 reps
Donkey kicks on the smith machine – 4 sets of 12 reps
Leg press – 4 sets of 10-12 reps
Leg extension – 4 sets of 10- 15 reps
Calves standing on the smith machine – 4 sets of 12-15 reps
SPRINTS by Brendan Fallis
2x100m sprints at 50% intensity
2x100m sprints at 80% intensity
6x100m sprints at 100% intensity
1x400m sprints as hard as you can go
Turn heads while you stay fit doing these routines with your favorite S’well.
New Year, New You 2015
Happy 2015! This past year has been a special one. Our CEO and Founder Sarah Kauss was on Fortune’s 40 Under 40 list, team S’well almost tripled in size, and we moved into a beautiful new office. Team S’well is excited to be moving into the New Year full of lots of opportunities.
Of course, we have a few resolutions in mind for the year ahead. We understand that maintaining resolutions through the whole year is an almost impossible undertaking. We’re going to keep at least this one resolution this year (we really mean it!) to drink more water. We’ve been reading about the benefits of drinking hot lemon water (i.e. Lifehack) and plan on starting our days with a full bottle.
Of course, we’re going to try to be fit and eat healthier, which is why we are so excited that Julia Dzafic and Brendan Fallis have so generously provided us with a recipe and workout routine to help get us going in the right direction.
Check out our New Year New You 2015 edition Newsletter for more.