Here at S’well HQ, we’ve been working for the weekend and now it’s finally time kick back and relax. In celebration of the 3-day break, we put together a Spotify playlist to accompany you and your S’well bottle poolside, beachside, or wherever else you might be this Memorial Day. Yes, we know there’s a lot of Drizzy included. But an office that loves Drake together, stays together. Enjoy!
The school year is coming to a close and it’s time to start thinking about grad gifts. From high school students beginning their college careers to undergrads making their way into the real world, every graduate deserves a congratulatory present. In the spirit of giving, we put together a solid list of graduation appropriate gifts for guys and girls from some of our favorite brands. Check them out in the galleries below:
FOR THE GUYS
FOR THE GIRLS
Guest blog by Jamie Greenberg
Hey babes!!!! Today I thought I’d do a quick get ready with me video to show you guys all the products that I use on a regular basis!! Everyone’s constantly asking me what products I’m always wearing, so here it is!! From skincare to beauty to a little bit of singing along the way, find out what I’m currently obsessing over!!
- S’well Bottle
- Altchek Depuff Eye Pads
- Skin Inc Face Serum
- Caudalie ‘Premier Cru’ Cream
- Caudalie ‘Resveratrol Lift’ Eye Lifting Balm
- Butter London Palette [ShadowClutch-Pretty Proper]
- EM Michelle Scribble Calligraphy Liner [Black Coffee]
- Fiona Stiles Ultra Precisions Stylo [Odin]
- Jillian Dempsey Kohl Liner [Rich Brown]
- everskin Anti-Aging Lip Treatment
- Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara
- YSL Touche Eclat Le Teint: Radiance Awakening Foundation
- Batiste Dry Shampoo [Deep Brown]
- Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil
- Proactiv Sheer Finish Loose Powder: (no longer available)
- Rimmel London Kate Sculpting Palette [Coral Glow]
- Colorescience Mineral Corrector Palette
- Laura Geller Blush-n-Brighten Cheek Color
- Bareminerals Full Flawless Face Brush
- Lipstick Queen Cupid’s Bow Lip Pencil [Golden Arrow]
- NARS ‘Audacious’ Lipstick [Greta]
As the school year comes to a close and prom night approaches for high schoolers across the country, we’ve started to see a trend: S’well promposals! That’s right, folks. This means we’ve really made it. Couples from Florida, Alabama, Texas and everywhere in between are asking their beloveds to prom via S’well Bottle. We’re honored! Check out the young lovers in the gallery below.
From all of us at S’well Bottle HQ, we wish you a S’well prom night!
Here at S’well, we take Earth Day very seriously. Our mission, after all, is to rid the world of plastic waste. In honor of Earth Day and in an effort to leave this planet better than we found it, we wanted to extend a few tips and tricks to green out your work place according to the 3 R’s: reduce, reuse and recycle.
- Probably one of the biggest and most effective ways to green out your office is to simply implement policies that discourage the use of unnecessary waste and encourage practices like reusing and recycling.
- Go digital, because Google Docs is the new notebook. Avoid printing when you can and print double-sided when you can’t. Remember, there are plenty of digital tools out there that can help avoid situations that require excessive amounts of printed paper.
- Turn it off. Conserve energy by turning off or unplugging any electronic devices that aren’t in use. Better yet, opt for natural light.
- Invest in a killer water bottle and use it like it’s your job. Plastic bottles are bad for the environment, your health and your wallet. S’well Bottles are the perfect accessory to carry you from your morning caffeine fix, afternoon hydration, all the way into evening workouts. Pro tip: ask the barista at your local coffee shop to fill your bottle up directly with coffee. You’ll spare the cup AND your coffee is guaranteed to stay hot for at least 12 hours.
- Break out the reusable containers. If you don’t already do so, consider bringing your lunch to work over getting takeout. Homemade lunches typically save money and calories. But don’t skimp on your food storage. We’re partial to a cool lunchbox or glass tupperware.
- BYOB – bring your own bag. Reusable bags are all the rage, nowadays. You can use them to run errands, pick up groceries or carry some extra stuff home from the office. The company Baggu has recently taken New York by storm. Their standard bag comes in a variety of colors and can be easily packed into a purse or briefcase.
- Do your part. Help out where you can by recycling what you can. Plastic, paper, glass, batteries, printer cartridges, old electronics & more can all be recycled.
- Arrange for disposal. Figure out what the best way of collecting and disposing of the recyclable materials is. Sometimes this can be arranged by the building management. Depending on the size of your company, you might also consider hiring an outside service.
- Enforce it. The most important step of your green efforts is to make sure that everyone holds up their end of the deal. Always reiterate the cardinal rule: reduce unnecessary waste, reuse what you can & recycle what you can’t.
You can take the 3 R’s a step further by encouraging other methods of going green. Add plants to your office space to brighten up the area and filter the air. Commute smarter by walking, biking, carpooling or taking public transport to work. If you’re really committed, you can order custom S’well bottles for your company. We aim to align ourselves with similar brands that will echo our mission and message.
It’s Spring Break season, but before we can say “bon voyage”, you’ve got to pack your bags! Whether you’re hitting the slopes or laying oceanside, we’ve got you covered on the absolute necessities from some of our favorite brands.
Left to right: Katin Poolside Hybrid Swim Trunks, Supreme Skateboards, Herschel Packable Daypack in Black Reflective, Olivier Camera Strap, Carhartt WIP Motion Starter Cap, Master & Dynamic Over Ear Headphones, Classic Specular Sunglasses from RETROSUPERFUTURE, Kelly Green | Shimmer Collection S’well Bottle
Left to right: Future is Past Sunglasses from Gentle Monster, Ban.do Pizza Pool Float, Mikoh Kapa’a Bathing Suit, J. Crew Panama Hat, Fujifilm Instax Wide 300 Instant Camera, Soludos Embroidered Smoking Slippers, Outdoor Tech Turtle Shell 2.0 Bluetooth Speaker, Violet Crush | Shimmer Collection S’well Bottle
You can shop other Spring S’well Bottles here. Don’t forget to crank up the Spring tunes with our SS16 playlist on Spotify. We want to see where you and your S’well bottle go, so make sure you share your s’tory and tag us in all of your globe-trotting adventure pictures. Happy vacationing!
The S’well marketing team is heading down to Austin, Texas this weekend for the South by Southwest film, music, and interactive media festival. In its entirety, the festival lasts 9 days and covers everything from film premieres and major musical acts to media presentations and emerging technologies. It’s definitely not our first rodeo so we’ve come to view ourselves as SXSW veterans. Here’s a list of essentials that always help to get the most out of the festival experience:
Sensible shoes are a must-have. The Adidas Superstar Foundation Shoes are the perfect mix between comfort and style.
A portable phone charger to make sure you’re always powered up. We’re obsessed with the Triple C Primo Universal Power Bank. It’s sleek, stylish, and works with basically any portable electronic device.
Texas is HOT, so hydration is always key. Lucky for us, we know good and well how to ensure proper hydration: S’well Bottles. We’re releasing a new Limited Edition S’well bottle called ‘Austin Night’, a designer collaboration with Yoon Hyup for SXSW. Austin Night will be available to purchase online at swellbottle.com on Monday March 14th.
By Sarah Kauss, Founder & CEO of S’well
Returning to earth is hard. But I am back on land – and in the office – after an incredible week at TED2016: Dream where I spent five days in a custom-built TED amphitheater inside the Vancouver Convention Centre. Can I just say that the setting was my idea of utopia? The beautiful space was surrounded by Vancouver Bay, where seaplanes would land just outside the convention center windows, and Whistler Mountain’s white capped ski slopes were visible in the near distance.
Inside the theater was an equally special environment. The 1,200-plus attendees, or TEDsters as we were called, were asked to be truly present during the course of the event. This meant that phones, computers and light-up screens were only allowed in the back rows of sessions to encourage everyone to be open to the learnings, lessons and insights of each of the 18-minute TED talks. What a breath of fresh air.
While the imagination and inspiration at TED was endless, there were a few things that stood out as must-share experiences that led to personal and sharable revelations.
Chasing the Hum
Let’s start with Shonda Rhimes’ talk about balance. The amazing writer and producer of the hit ABC show Scandal is responsible for over 70 hours of television each season. With her hands in other projects including Grey’s Anatomy and How to Get Away with Murder, it was no surprise when she said that she is addicted to work. While I completely relate to this obsession, Shonda gave an honest reflection about why it is important to find balance and happiness in her personal life. She talked about how she chased the work high or what she called “the hum” and how she was only able to rediscover it after finding time for her kids and her personal life. What she learned is that the hum is not work-specific, but “joy-specific.”
Balance is something we probably all know we need and, if you’re like me, don’t always seek out. Yet, the way Shonda spoke about chasing “the hum” made it seem like a necessity for truly claiming the dream of happiness.
Taking a Virtual Journey
The virtual world opened up and wowed me, unlike ever before. Virtual reality, augmented reality and holograms were hot topics this year and dream-like experience unto their own. At one talk in particular, we were gifted Google Cardboard Virtual Reality glasses. Together with the glasses, the entire amphitheater of TEDsters went on a journey through space and time from a U2 concert to an open helicopter ride over Central Park to a sing along in an African village.
The interactive experience was so spectacular that I brought the Google Cardboard back to the S’well office so my team could explore the experience firsthand. It was kind of magical to get the entire team inspired and see individual reactions to something so new and unique.
Chasing Personal Dreams
As sponsors four years running, S’well creates custom TED-edition S’well bottles for TEDsters to stay hydrated in style during the week (and after). Only these special edition S’well bottles are permitted to be used throughout the course of the week. No other drinks, cups, mugs or bottles are allowed.
As founder and dreamer-in-chief of S’well, it is beyond a dream to see TEDsters – from movie stars to astronauts, to writers and scientists, to film and television producers – proudly using their bottles while listening to big ideas about the future.
This was by far the most personal and fulfilling experience at TED2016: Dream, because it was seeing my dream live in action. It helped me return to work this week with a renewed energy for the business and our mission to make a major impact in the world. My guess is that this is exactly what TED meant to do – keep us working toward our dreams. So that’s why I pass this experience onto you.
In case you missed it, yesterday, Uber teamed up with Animal Planet for the #UberPuppyBowl. Lucky participants in the NYC area could request puppies on demand using the Uber app and have a S’quad of pups delivered straight to their door with a Limited Edition S’well Bottle. Every puppy drafted for Team Fluff and Team Ruff was up for adoption and provided by either Bidawee, Liberty Humane Society or The Humane Society of New York.
Team S’well was lucky enough to share some time with the MVP’s from Team Fluff. Needless to say, we could barely handle the level of cuteness these tiny guys were bringing. Check out some of our favorite moments from the day in the gallery below.
Find out more about Animal Planet’s Puppy Bowl here. For updates on what’s going on around S’well HQ, follow us on Snapchat (@swellbottle). Scan the QR code below to add us as a friend. We promise to keep things interesting.
S’well launched its first-ever holiday film to showcase our bottles in a chic, yet innovative way. The spot, titled “Hydration Magic” is full of the same kind of optimism, joy, fashion and magic that the product itself embodies. While it features S’well as an object of desire, it also shows how S’well serves as a catalyst for unexpected surprise and delight.
“Hydration Magic” was the company’s biggest production yet, featuring 22 distinct characters and 10 additional extras (including some of our very own S’well team members). Directed by John Poliquin–a Canadian music video, commercial and feature film director–the film is set in a stuffy art gallery in need of a little inspiration. A water balloon fight quickly breaks out, drenching the guests and paintings with water. As the paintings are hit with water, the colors beneath the original blank canvases are revealed. The explosions of water were shot in slow motion, at 2500 frames per second, in order to capture the magic and beauty of water.
Take a look at our behind the scenes pictures and video and see what it was like to create the magic.
As you know, S’well loves to show our team s’pirit no matter the sports team! But since we are a New York based company, and baseball season is drawing to an end, we’re so excited that one our own made it to this far! To celebrate the two teams dueling it out, we’ve created two baseball bundles; the NY Home Run and the KC Grand Slam. Both bundles will be 15% till one team comes out on top. So buy us some peanuts and cracker jacks, because we’ve knocked it out of the park with this deal!
It’s summertime and we’re all surrounded by water frequently, whether it be a weekend at the beach, spending time at the neighborhood pool or keeping a S’well bottle full of cold water throughout the day. While we’re all enjoying the wonders of water, it’s important to take a minute to acknowledge that there are still nearly 748 million people in the world that do not have the access to clean water.
S’well knows the importance of water and how it impacts not only our bodies but also communities. That’s why this year S’well supported the U.S Fund for UNICEF Tap Project with a $100,000 donation. UNICEF works in more than 100 countries to improve access to safe water and sanitation facilities. Whether by restoring access to clean water after a disaster or promoting safe hygiene practices in schools and communities, UNICEF is on the ground helping children in need.
Since 1990, UNICEF and its partners have helped more than two billion people gain access to safe drinking water. We still have a way to go but S’well is helping make progress possible. To find out more about how you can get involved visit www.unicefusa.org.