It’s about the time of year again…That’s right, folks – it’s festival season! We’re gearing up for all the season’s best events, including New York’s own Gov Ball and Panorama NYC, classics like Bonnaroo and Lollapalooza, plus more from the likes of Sweetlife, Firefly and even Glastonbury across the pond. And how could we forget Coachella?
Arguably one of the biggest music festivals in the US, Coachella is held over 2 weekends (April 15-17 and April 22-24). With headliners like LCD Soundsystem, Guns N’ Roses, Calvin Harris, A$AP Rocky, the 1975 and more, there’s plenty to do and eat. But like all music festivals, Coachella can be exhausting so you’ve got to come prepared.
First things first: hydration is key. It’s inevitably going to be hot and you’ll probably be drinking, so it’s imperative to bring a water bottle. On behalf of the planet, you should bring a reusable bottle. On behalf of your own well-being, you should bring an insulated bottle to keep your liquids cold. Lucky for you, S’well bottles take care of both. Plus, the 9oz S’well is the perfect size for toting around. If you’re planning on bringing your fest best, we recommend the Galaxy Collection. The iridescent finish of these bottles bring just the right vibe.
Other festival essentials include a portable phone charger, small bag or fanny pack, reliable pair of sunnies, layers (especially at Coachella, where the temp can quickly drop at sundown) and a comfortable pair of shoes.
Don’t forget to catch us at Coachella this weekend on Snapchat or Twitter. Stay tuned to see how it goes. Happy festing, everyone! Stay cool.
It’s Employee Appreciation Day so we’d like to take this opportunity to humblebrag about how amazing #teamswell is. Simply saying that we have a “cool company culture” would be an understatement. Our team is epic all the way through — from design, production and operations to marketing, sales and accounting. We are lucky enough to work at a place where everyone is passionate about what they do, plus we genuinely like each other. Between gchats, book club, a fitness challenge in February, and a shared spirit for pizza, we’re all tight and that means everything in the workplace.
Want to get to know us better? Where there’s a will, there’s a way. We recently started posting a Snapchat series called “Inside the Bottle,” on which we host a Q&A with various members of #teamswell. Every week we’ll chat with a different staff member to get to know a little bit more about them and their role within the company. Add us on Snapchat and follow us on Twitter to get updates on new episodes and other happenings around the office.
Clearly, we’ve got great people and we’re proud of it. But what else does S’well have to offer? Try perks like Bagel Mondays, an open office space with a rooftop, Equinox memberships, volunteer opportunities, an annual team day (last summer we sailed around the island of Manhattan), Friday team lunches and a raging happy hour. Better yet, we have the pleasure of creating and selling a beautiful and bad @$$ product that our customers truly love. Plus we’re helping the environment along the way. It doesn’t get much better than that.
Think you might be a good fit for #teamswell? Good news: we’re hiring! Check out our open positions here.
Oscar weekend is upon us and we are rolling out all the movie hacks and watch-party essentials that you’ll need to be prepared for this year’s red carpet. There’s been a lot of controversy surrounding the 2016 awards season (see inappropriate swag bags and lack of diversity on the ballot), but it’s still scheduled to be a blow out and everyone’s dying to know, will Leo finally walk away with a win?
There are plenty of great movies nominated for Best Picture this year, including The Big Short, Bridge of Spies, Brooklyn, Mad Max: Fury Road, The Martian, The Revenant, Room, and Spotlight. With only a couple of days left to fill in our Oscar movie gaps, we’ll be spending the weekend at our local theater catching up. Here’s a list of movie theater hacks that are sure to provide for the best movie watching experience:
- Avoid peak times – Go to screenings during off times to avoid noisy and crowded theaters. Foot traffic is typically the slowest in the mornings or anytime on Mondays through Wednesdays. The busiest times fall on the weekend, usually from 2 until 11 PM.
- Find the best prices – Seek out smaller theaters (i.e. not AMC) for cheaper ticket prices. Here in New York, some of our favorite spots include Nitehawk Cinema, Landmark Sunshine Cinema, and Angelika Film Center. Most theaters also run special promotions or discounts on social media so make sure to check online before making any purchases.
- Get the best seat – Seating is key. For the best sound in the theater, sit two-thirds of the way back. Center seats are obviously ideal, but they put you at risk of losing the seat in front of you as a foot rest. Opt for seats on the side to ensure more of a buffer zone for your lounging pleasures.
- Cozy up – Bring a blanket to keep warm in the chilly theater air.
- Bring snacks – If you’re like us, then snacks are essential when watching movies. Movie theaters may provide tasty and tempting options but bringing your own s’weets can be a cheaper and and more rewarding alternative. They don’t offer freshly baked cookies at the theater!
- Bring a S’well full of wine – If there’s only one thing that you take away from this blog, it needs to be this: our 25oz S’well Bottle holds an entire bottle of wine, which means you can sneak your favorite Pinot in to practically anywhere. Bring your S’well to share and enjoy wine throughout an entire feature film.
Once you’re caught up on all of the Oscar buzz, it’s time to start prepping for the actual award show. The Oscars are set to air Sunday, February 28th at 8:30 PM EST. Call up all of your film buff and celebrity-obsessed friends to gather around for Hollywood’s hottest night. In an attempt to really embrace the star-studded experience, we compiled a list of tips for hosting or attending an Oscars watch party.
- Tune into the red carpet – The red carpet opens at 7PM EST. Tune in early to scope out your favorite actors and to see what they’re wearing. E! Live from the Red Carpet is great for gauging best and worst dressed.
- Prepare snacks ahead of time – Like we said earlier, snacks are essential so it’s important to plan ahead. Stop by the grocery store to grab necessities like cookie dough, popcorn, and M&Ms. Check out our Pinterest page for appetizer and finger food ideas. If you’re feeling less than motivated, order-in. Award shows go great with a side of Thai food.
- Skip the commercials – If you don’t suffer from fear-of-missing-out, record the show and wait 30-45 minutes until after the official air time before starting. You can skip through the majority of the commercials until it’s finally time for the good stuff (e.g. Award for Best Picture).
- Get social – One of the best parts of awards shows is seeing what everyone else has to say about it online. Twitter and Snapchat are typically the best platforms to get live feedback of what’s going on in real time. We’ll be up and running on both – follow us @swellbottle.
- Supply the S’well – If you’re attending an Oscars watch party, don’t come empty handed. Bring a S’well full of wine to ensure that your beverage stays at just the right temperature all night long. If you’re hosting, it’s safe to say that you should do the same.
- Play a drinking game – Create your own fun and make up an Oscars drinking game. Try taking a sip every time someone’s acceptance speech is awkwardly interrupted by the transition music. Then, add in your own rules.
Don’t forget to follow us on Snapchat (@swellbottle) for coverage of our very own Oscars watch party.