Happy New Year, everyone! 2016 is full of potential, so we are naming January the month of “New Year, New You.” Over the next few weeks, we (plus, some guest bloggers) will be posting about different ways you can improve yourself this year. We’ll cover it all: from clean eats and workouts that make you s’weat, to beauty and lifestyle tips. In the meantime, we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite New Year’s resolutions from Team S’well.
- Get more sleep. Quit binge-watching the new Netflix show and get those z’s.
- Take more pictures.
- Pick up a new hobby. Learn a new language. Learn to code!
- Keep things tidy and join the #cleandeskclub.
- Meet more people. Just swipe right.
- Take some time to reflect and journal regularly.
- Recycle more, waste less. Less plastic, more S’well.
- Go to more concerts. They sound even better live.
- Read more. Your daily subway commute will fly by with a good read.
- Travel. Get out of your comfort zone & explore.
- Hit the gym or your favorite spin class. We’re partial to our neighborhood Equinox.
- Learn to cook. Follow our Pinterest board for kitchen inspo.
- Don’t s’weat the little things. Everything will be alright.
- Drop your keys and save gas by walking or riding a bike to your next destination.
- Be on time even if that means setting your clock early.
- Show gratitude. Focusing on the good things in life will make you happier.
- Tweet less, live more IRL.
- Drink more water. We can help with that.
There are plenty of more “New Year, New You” blog posts to come, so be on the lookout. Until then, you can check out more lifestyle tips on our Pinterest page.
‘Tis the season to travel. Long weekend getaways and out of office replies are the norm. So pack your bags and your S’well and check out some of our travel hacks here:
S’well bottles are of course a great travel companion. We’re frequently asked if they are safe to bring through airport security. They are! Just make sure to empty out your liquids before doing so.
Before you head out on your next adventure, we’ve got an app you need to check out. GYPSY CIRCLE is a social travel network that allows the user to connect with their friends before arriving to their destination. Input a trip and see which of your friends will be there and friends that live there AND free international messaging, making this the social app for the jet-setter in you.
Flight 001 is our go-to for packing supplies. They have everything, from the perfect carry-on to adapters and eye masks. It’s your one stop shop to make sure you’re totally prepared!
S’WELL AROUND THE WORLD
We love to see where you take your S’well, so don’t forget to use the hashtag #swellbottle
and we’ll live vicariously through your S’well bottle adventures around the world!
Bahamas via Sara Kauss
Sydney via Marceau Photography
San Francisco via @amandaivycohen
Rio de Janeiro
SXSW is upon us and we can’t wait to escape to the warm Austin sun. As we prepare and pack our bags, we wanted to share with you some of Team S’well travel necessities:
– 9oz Ocean Blue | Shimmer Collection S’well bottle to stay hydrated
–Botkier White Warren Backpack to carry everything in style
–Opening Ceremony Mophie Phone Charger because no one likes a dead phone
–Nourish Energize Snacks to stay energized in between big taco and BBQ binges
SXSW Packing List
If you’re looking to explore Austin outside of SXSW, you’ve got to check out The Afar Guide To Austin, giving you essential lists of the best places to sightsee, shop, and more. If you’re hoping to get a taste of Austin, then look no further than Infatuation which will be running, talking, paneling and of course #eeeeeats-ing throughout SXSW.
Want to meet team S’well? We will be all over Austin for SXSW. Come find our team at the Funny or Die house, the Spotify house and you may even see S’well bottles at Jimmy Kimmel Live, SXSW Interactive panel or every taco truck in the city. Tag #sxswell to join the conversation and view our live social feed here.
We’re going to be honest; winter in New York City can be brutal. We’d love to let it go and say that the cold never bothered us anyway, but the cold is really starting to bother us. There’s no escaping the bone chilling cold, those gusts of wind that can sweep you off your feet or the feeling that it’s never going to stop snowing. Even still, team S’well has been braving the weather to explore the wonders of winter in New York City.
A stroll through Bryant Park is fitting for any season. But in the winter, the famous Josephine Shaw Lowell Memorial Fountain freezes over, stopping tourists and New Yorkers in their tracks. The icicles hanging over the granite fountain resemble a crystal chandelier.
Frozen Fountain at Bryant Park
Lucky for us, our new office is located conveniently close to The City Bakery, home to that famous hot chocolate you see everyone posting on Instagram. And we totally get the hype. The rich cocoa is not to be compared and warms our bellies when we can’t feel our fingers.
The City Bakery infamous Hot Chocolate
New Year, New You 2015
Happy 2015! This past year has been a special one. Our CEO and Founder Sarah Kauss was on Fortune’s 40 Under 40 list, team S’well almost tripled in size, and we moved into a beautiful new office. Team S’well is excited to be moving into the New Year full of lots of opportunities.
Of course, we have a few resolutions in mind for the year ahead. We understand that maintaining resolutions through the whole year is an almost impossible undertaking. We’re going to keep at least this one resolution this year (we really mean it!) to drink more water. We’ve been reading about the benefits of drinking hot lemon water (i.e. Lifehack) and plan on starting our days with a full bottle.
Of course, we’re going to try to be fit and eat healthier, which is why we are so excited that Julia Dzafic and Brendan Fallis have so generously provided us with a recipe and workout routine to help get us going in the right direction.
Check out our New Year New You 2015 edition Newsletter for more.
The S’well Bottle team just came back from Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami. S’well Bottle partnered with IMG + MBFashion to launch a three-piece exclusive, limited edition anniversary collection of their 9 oz. bottles. Orange Sherbet, Sweet Mint, and Seashell Pink feature exclusive MBFW Swim designs to commemorate the special milestone. To keep guests hydrated in style, IMG Fashion distributed the limited edition bottles during official events and activities around the Miami show site. Take a look at the S’well experience in Miami via our #swellbottle @ #MBFWSwim Pinterest board.
SANTORINI TRAVEL TO-DO’S (Inspired by Santorini)
Traveling through Greece with the S’well Travel Guide was inspired by the new Santorini S’well bottle in the Textile collection.
1. Wake up to the smells of seawater and fresh Bougainvillea flowers. Start your day with a cup of Greek coffee, fresh fruit and pastries.
2. Take the beautiful hike along the water from Fira to Oia. Don’t forget your camera or S’well!
3. Stumble upon the Cultural Village in Pyrgos. Wind along the small streets and get a feel for a simpler life and time.
4. Revel in the incredible Santorini sunset with your significant other. Fill up that 25 oz Santorini S’well with Greek wine for added romance.
5. Enjoy moonlit cocktails and mediterranean cuisine at the open-air Grace Santorini restaurant.
Shop Santorini here.
BARBADOS TRAVEL TO-DO’S (Inspired by Grapefruit Linen)
Travelling through Barbados with the S’well Travel Guide was inspired by the new Grapefruit Linen S’well bottle in the Textile collection.
1. Walk along the beaches, of course – take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes at Bottom Bay or Enterprise Beach.
2. If you’re a nature lover, Hunte’s Gardens is the place for you. Explore the beautiful flora and fauna of this tropical paradise.
3. Relax at the highly-regarded spa at the Coral Reef Club. Detoxify with the feel and scent of the Aroma Fusion Massage.
4. For the adventurous type: dive down to the Stavronikita wreck site for a look at the 360-foot freighter ship filled with many types of tropical fish.
5. Forget about those trendy and expensive restaurants, and seek out Oistins Fish Fry. Fill that S’well up with the cocktail of your choice and savor authentic Barbadian cuisine.
Shop Grapefruit Linen here.
CROATIA TRAVEL TO-DO’S (Inspired by Sailcloth)
Travelling through Croatia with the S’well Travel Guide was inspired by our new Sailcloth S’well bottle in our Textile collection.
1. Sail through Croatia’s waters in an island hop with your 17 oz Sailcloth in tote, of course.
2. Shop the beautiful downtown of Split, known for having more women’s shoe shops than any other city in the world.
3. Eat a fresh whole fish, bones and all. Don’t be intimidated, it will be amazing. Wash it down with a cold bottle of Ožujsko, the most popular Croatian beer.
4. Take a plunge in Krka National Park’s waterfalls, swimming with what was your dinner last night
5. Have a drink at the hole-in-the-wall bar Buza in Dubrovnik, overlooking the cliffs with only a railing to separate you and the Adriatic Sea.
Shop Sailcloth here.