Happy New Year, everyone! 2016 is full of potential, so we are naming January the month of “New Year, New You.” Over the next few weeks, we (plus, some guest bloggers) will be posting about different ways you can improve yourself this year. We’ll cover it all: from clean eats and workouts that make you s’weat, to beauty and lifestyle tips. In the meantime, we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite New Year’s resolutions from Team S’well.
- Get more sleep. Quit binge-watching the new Netflix show and get those z’s.
- Take more pictures.
- Pick up a new hobby. Learn a new language. Learn to code!
- Keep things tidy and join the #cleandeskclub.
- Meet more people. Just swipe right.
- Take some time to reflect and journal regularly.
- Recycle more, waste less. Less plastic, more S’well.
- Go to more concerts. They sound even better live.
- Read more. Your daily subway commute will fly by with a good read.
- Travel. Get out of your comfort zone & explore.
- Hit the gym or your favorite spin class. We’re partial to our neighborhood Equinox.
- Learn to cook. Follow our Pinterest board for kitchen inspo.
- Don’t s’weat the little things. Everything will be alright.
- Drop your keys and save gas by walking or riding a bike to your next destination.
- Be on time even if that means setting your clock early.
- Show gratitude. Focusing on the good things in life will make you happier.
- Tweet less, live more IRL.
- Drink more water. We can help with that.
There are plenty of more “New Year, New You” blog posts to come, so be on the lookout. Until then, you can check out more lifestyle tips on our Pinterest page.
The sun dresses and shorts have finally been put away. It’s officially s’weater weather! We’re ready to welcome in and celebrate the colder temperatures. As we patiently wait for all of the holiday festivities that are soon to come, here are a few suggestions of things you can do in the meantime:
1. Rock a tacky holiday sweater or Drake-inspired turtleneck like this one from Acne Studios.
2. Whether it’s on your local pond that’s frozen over or at the Winter Village in Bryant Park, get outside and go ice skating.
3. Get in the kitchen and cook up a holiday treat! If you need some inspiration, check out some of our favorite recipes on our pinterest page.
4. Curl up with hot tea and that book you’ve been meaning to read. We recommend The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt.
5. Netflix and chill warm up with takeout from our friends at Postmates.
6. Send your seasons greetings or a thank you note with these cards from Gramr – the holidays are the perfect time to show you care.
7. Grab a seasonal brew from our friends over at Starbucks – now selling limited edition S’well bottles in stores across the US.
Let us know what your favorite s’weater weather activities are by tagging @swellbottle or #swellbottle on social media.
We know that Thanksgiving is right around the corner, but we are getting more and more excited for the main event…the holidays! Everyone in New York is starting to bundle up and we bundled up some S’well bottles perfect for everyone on your list. We put together a list of gifts that go great with a few of our bundle themes:
–Titleist White Leather Head Covers – these are sure to make him forget about a white Christmas and think of the green
–Birdie Bundle – sure to be a hole-in-one for any golfer
–Callaway Kickback Putt Cup -Winter weather wont stop your golfer from practicing
–Emoji Pillow – We might be behind on kid lingo, but emojis are a universal (and apparently cuddly) language
–Little Ones Bundle – These bottles are sure to keep your youngsters’ hot chocolate warm while they wait for Santa to come down the chimney
–Simon – This classic memory game is loved by kids (and adults) of all ages
–Samudra Beach Bag – Because vacations and beach days will be here before we know it, right?
–Wanderlust Bundle – These tropical S’well bottles can make anyone feel like they’re on a vacation
–Carry-On Cocktail – So you can cheers from 35,000 feet
Visit our Gift Collection to see the full list of bundles, all 10% off for the holiday season.
Put down your razor and grow your MO because it’s No-Shave November! For the whole month, participants will skip the shaving in order to create conversation and raise cancer awareness.
No-Shave November began as a tradition of the Chicagoland Hill family, who lost their father Matt hill to colon cancer in 2007. Since 2009, the organization has over 2 million dollars to date.
The idea behind No-Shave is that many cancer patients who undergo chemotherapy lose their hair, so we should embrace ours and donate the money we would typically spend on shaving and grooming to raise money for cancer prevention, education, and research.
You can even set up your own fundraising page that your family and friends can contribute to.
S’well is excited to have partnered once again with No-Shave November. We’ve created two moustache bottles and will be donating 20% of each bottle to the organization.
Instagram or tweet a swellfie of you & your new MO and tag @swellbottle & #swellbottle for a chance to win a moustache S’well bottle!
As you know, S’well loves to show our team s’pirit no matter the sports team! But since we are a New York based company, and baseball season is drawing to an end, we’re so excited that one our own made it to this far! To celebrate the two teams dueling it out, we’ve created two baseball bundles; the NY Home Run and the KC Grand Slam. Both bundles will be 15% till one team comes out on top. So buy us some peanuts and cracker jacks, because we’ve knocked it out of the park with this deal!
Though it still feels like summer was just yesterday, we are deep into October and making the most of it. There are a few things that you can’t go without this month, so we’ve listed them out for you:
Hocus Pocus: First and foremost, this movie is an irresistible classic. It put a spell on us many moons ago and we wait all year for it to be acceptable for us to watch it on repeat…for the whole month long.
Mulled wine: As it starts to get colder, we sadly say goodbye to nights spent with chilled white wine, but happily welcome the company of warm glass of mulled wine. We love this simple recipe from Ina Garten.
The Great Jack O’Lantern Blaze: Featuring over 7,000 hand-carved jack o’lanterns, the pumpkins, rather works of art, are lined and displayed throughout a historic, 18th-century riverside landscape. Even Neil Patrick Harris loves it!
Candy corn: Our daily sugar cravings are satisfied by these tiny, delicious, colorful cones all month long. We love them so much that we covered our bottles in them.
Whether you’re s’pooky or s’weet, celebrate Halloween with our Blaze S’well bottles now 15% off this month, while supplies last.
As you may have already heard, S’well is (still) celebrating our 5th birthday. We loved getting to give 5 lucky winners birthday gifts, but the S’well team wanted to celebrate too. Last night, we gathered with 300 of our closest friends and family at Baby’s All Right in Williamsburg for a night of drinking, music and S’well. And with a little help from our friends at Universal Music Group, we had an exclusive performance from Vaults (recently featured on the 50 Shades of Grey Soundtrack). Thanks to everyone who came out last night, we hope you had as much fun as we did!
We’ve got s’pirit, yes we do! We’ve got s’pirit, how ‘bout you? Football season has officially kicked off; between the parties and tailgates, your S’well bottle will be the best game day teammate. Our stainless steel bottles will be sure to keep your beverage of choice at a touchdown temperature. We’ve put together a suggested list of bottle combinations that match some of favorite NFL teams to show off your team s’pirit:
For this week’s blog, we’re excited to have our Director of Custom Sales, Kathryn, talk about the upcoming holiday season and why custom S’well bottles make great gifts:
Over the years, how much SWAG have you thrown in the trash, re-gifted, or refused because you did not need any more clutter in your life? I am guessing you’ve received more than your fair share at Running Races, Press Events, Trade Shows, and beyond.
Before joining S’well, I always gifted with a purpose. Since joining S’well, I have been able to help Fortune 500 companies, startups, luxury hospitality clients, and many more gift green. With the holidays fast approaching, I wanted to share my Top 5 reasons why S’well is better than any other gift you could give your clients and employees:
- S’well will be the fashionable and functional replacement to the plastic bottles currently being used in your office space. You’ll be outfitting your team with something they will use at home, work, and play, while saving the planet from single use plastic bottles.
- No one want’s another fruit basket or box of chocolates …again! It’s almost resolution season—give the gift of hydration and the best gym accessory
- Everyone loves a good bottle of wine, so why not pair one with a 25oz S’well. Come summer, your clients will carry their Rosé with them to the beach because they loved your gift back when they were freezing…now it’s just their wine that is freezing cold
- Other water bottles don’t work hard to keep your beverages cold for 24 and hot for 12. Encourage a healthier and hydrated team by gifting a 17oz Stone Collection bottle, like Fenwick & West, perfect for any adventure.
- S’well is a gift that they will actually LOVE! With our fashionable colors, patterns, and textures, there’s something for everyone. Best of all, it’s not another T-Shirt, hat, or tote bag. You are giving so much more than a “water bottle”—you are giving the hydration accessory used by celebrities and influencers!
Interested in ordering custom S’well bottles? Tell us what you’re looking for here!
It’s that special time of year again… S’well’s birthday! We are officially 5 years old and are ready to celebrate in s’tyle! Our customer loyalty has been the best gift of all through these years, so in return, S’well wanted to give gifts to 5 lucky winners! Enter on our website for a chance to win 1 of 5 mystery bags. We’re giving away prizes from some of S’well’s best friends:
· Nourish Snacks · Gray Malin · Tocca · Birchbox · Lolli Swim · Pily Q · Samudra · Aloha · Out of Print · Rachel Zoe · Urban Ears
ENTER HERE. Winners will be picked on Friday September, 18th at 9:30AM EST and announced at 11AM EST.
*Contest is limited to residents of the US and Canada.
NYC, stay tuned for some more exciting birthday celebrations to come!
‘Tis the season to travel. Long weekend getaways and out of office replies are the norm. So pack your bags and your S’well and check out some of our travel hacks here:
S’well bottles are of course a great travel companion. We’re frequently asked if they are safe to bring through airport security. They are! Just make sure to empty out your liquids before doing so.
Before you head out on your next adventure, we’ve got an app you need to check out. GYPSY CIRCLE is a social travel network that allows the user to connect with their friends before arriving to their destination. Input a trip and see which of your friends will be there and friends that live there AND free international messaging, making this the social app for the jet-setter in you.
Flight 001 is our go-to for packing supplies. They have everything, from the perfect carry-on to adapters and eye masks. It’s your one stop shop to make sure you’re totally prepared!
S’WELL AROUND THE WORLD
We love to see where you take your S’well, so don’t forget to use the hashtag #swellbottle
and we’ll live vicariously through your S’well bottle adventures around the world!
Bahamas via Sara Kauss
Sydney via Marceau Photography
San Francisco via @amandaivycohen
Rio de Janeiro
Before the beautiful summer weather leaves us once again, we’re trying to fit in as many group gathering as we can. And let’s face it, who doesn’t love a dinner party with friends and family? We’ve rounded up a few quick tips to keep in mind when you throw the ultimate Dinner Party over Labor Day weekend:
Serving up a cheese plate to start? If it were up to us, we could eat cheese for the whole meal. But we love Real Simple’s guide to the perfect cheese platter, which outlines the different varieties to consider and what to serve with it. We recommend using one of Brooklyn Slate’s beautiful cheese boards, sure to catch the eye of your guests.
If you’re thinking about assigned seating, our 9oz S’well bottles are the perfect alternative to place cards. Use the Chalk Ink Pens to personalize each bottle with your guests’ names. At the end of the party, they’ll walk away with a fun memento of the night!
Set the table
You know the fork goes on the left, knife on the right, but you have to set the rest of the table too. We love the variety of flower arrangements The Bouqs creates and their guarantee of the freshest flowers.
Set the tone
Music will set the tone for any dinner party. You don’t want to put your guests to sleep, but you don’t want to feel like they’re eating dinner at a rave. We love Spotify’s “The Lounge Bar” playlist, that has stripped down lounge versions and covers of some of your favorite songs.
Gift for the host
As a guest, it’s customary to bring a bottle of wine, a dessert or a small gift for your host. Why not bring them a 25oz S’well! You can even chill a bottle of wine and put it in the bottle before giving it to your host so he or she can serve it.