Happy New Year, everyone! 2016 is full of potential, so we are naming January the month of “New Year, New You.” Over the next few weeks, we (plus, some guest bloggers) will be posting about different ways you can improve yourself this year. We’ll cover it all: from clean eats and workouts that make you s’weat, to beauty and lifestyle tips. In the meantime, we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite New Year’s resolutions from Team S’well.
- Get more sleep. Quit binge-watching the new Netflix show and get those z’s.
- Take more pictures.
- Pick up a new hobby. Learn a new language. Learn to code!
- Keep things tidy and join the #cleandeskclub.
- Meet more people. Just swipe right.
- Take some time to reflect and journal regularly.
- Recycle more, waste less. Less plastic, more S’well.
- Go to more concerts. They sound even better live.
- Read more. Your daily subway commute will fly by with a good read.
- Travel. Get out of your comfort zone & explore.
- Hit the gym or your favorite spin class. We’re partial to our neighborhood Equinox.
- Learn to cook. Follow our Pinterest board for kitchen inspo.
- Don’t s’weat the little things. Everything will be alright.
- Drop your keys and save gas by walking or riding a bike to your next destination.
- Be on time even if that means setting your clock early.
- Show gratitude. Focusing on the good things in life will make you happier.
- Tweet less, live more IRL.
- Drink more water. We can help with that.
There are plenty of more “New Year, New You” blog posts to come, so be on the lookout. Until then, you can check out more lifestyle tips on our Pinterest page.
This month, we are ALL about the smoothie life. The S’well team loves to share recipes that that we can use in our home blenders & juicers. We come to the office every morning with crazy concoctions that we blend at home and carry with us in our S’well Bottle of choice. Since S’well Bottle is a double-walled insulated stainless steel bottle, our smoothies stay cold ALL day- literally cold for 24 hours. Try two of our favorite smoothie recipes below and you too will want to join our smoothie kick:
Julia Dzafic, Blogger for Lemon Stripes and Marketing Director for Nourish Snacks provided us with the best green smoothie that is both healthy for you and actually tastes delicious:
Greeña Colada Smoothie
3/4 cup almond or coconut milk
Small handful of frozen pineapple chunks
2 large handfuls of spinach or kale (you can hardly taste it, I swear!)
1 spoonful of coconut butter (this will change your life)
Blend & Enjoy with 25oz Bikini Pink | Satin Collection
The Peanut Butter Banana Kale smoothie is like a healthy version of a PB/Banana milkshake:
PB BANANA KALE
1 cup nut milk
1 cup torn kale
2 Tbsp. peanut butter
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
½ cup ice
Blend & Enjoy with 25oz Orange Sherbet | Glitter Collection
S’well Bottle isn’t just a water bottle so try toting your homemade smoothies and juices on the go with your S’well and you’ll be hooked.
New Year, New You 2015
Happy 2015! This past year has been a special one. Our CEO and Founder Sarah Kauss was on Fortune’s 40 Under 40 list, team S’well almost tripled in size, and we moved into a beautiful new office. Team S’well is excited to be moving into the New Year full of lots of opportunities.
Of course, we have a few resolutions in mind for the year ahead. We understand that maintaining resolutions through the whole year is an almost impossible undertaking. We’re going to keep at least this one resolution this year (we really mean it!) to drink more water. We’ve been reading about the benefits of drinking hot lemon water (i.e. Lifehack) and plan on starting our days with a full bottle.
Of course, we’re going to try to be fit and eat healthier, which is why we are so excited that Julia Dzafic and Brendan Fallis have so generously provided us with a recipe and workout routine to help get us going in the right direction.
Check out our New Year New You 2015 edition Newsletter for more.