Here at S’well HQ, we’ve been working for the weekend and now it’s finally time kick back and relax. In celebration of the 3-day break, we put together a Spotify playlist to accompany you and your S’well bottle poolside, beachside, or wherever else you might be this Memorial Day. Yes, we know there’s a lot of Drizzy included. But an office that loves Drake together, stays together. Enjoy!
It’s Cinco de Mayo and we’re ready for some tequila drinks. Check out the best Margarita & Paloma recipes to mix up in your 9oz S’well Bottle below.
- 1/2 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice1/2 large green jalapeño pepper, sliced thin
- 4 ounces silver tequila
- 2 ounces honey
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 lime wedges for garnish
- In the bottom of a pitcher, muddle the jalapeño slices with the lime juice. 10-12 presses with a muddler or back of a wooden spoon will do the trick.
- Add tequila and honey. Stir or shake in bottle to combine thoroughly – or until all the honey is dissolved.
- Pour the sea salt in the bottom of a small bowl. Dip the top of each serving glass in the margarita mixture, let it drain off, then press the top of the glass into the bowl of salt. Gently tap the glass to knock off any excess.
- Fill each glass with fresh ice and pour in margarita mix.
- Garnish with the fresh lime & enjoy!
- 6 ripe peaches, cut in half, pitted, and peeled (don’t peel if you like a chunkier puree)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (or bottled lime juice, not from concentrate)
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Peel and pit the fresh peaches.
- Combine the peaches, orange juice and sugar in the body of a blender; pulse until completely smooth.
- Combine all ingredients (peach puree, tequila, lime juice, triple sec) in a large glass or bottle. Shake or stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Serve in bottle or pour mixture evenly into 4 large glasses full of ice.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime and enjoy your fresh peach margarita!
- 1/2 cup Tequila
- 1/2 cup grapefruit juice (preferably fresh)
- 1/2 cup club soda
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar or agave nectar
- Salt or sugar for rim
- Combine all liquid ingredients (tequila, grapefruit juice, club soda, lime juice) in a glass or bottle.
- Add sugar or agave nectar and stir or shake until the sugar has dissolved.
- Fill a plate with sugar (or salt if you prefer). Wet the rim of a glass and dip it in sugar or salt.
- Add ice to glass and pour the Paloma mixture over.
- Garnish with fruit & enjoy!
- 2 parts Milagro Silver
- 1 part fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1/2 part lavender simple syrup (ingredients below)
- 1/2 part fresh lime juice
- 3 parts DRY lavender soda
- Fresh grapefruit peel
- Sprig of lavender
For Lavender Simple Syrup
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup syrup
- 1/4 cup dried culinary lavender buds
- To make lavender simple syrup: bring water, sugar and lavender buds to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, pour syrup through a strainer, and chill.
- Combine tequila, fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, and lavender simple syrup in a cup or bottle.
- Stir or shake until syrup is dissolved.
- Top with DRY lavender Soda.
- Garnish with grapefruit peel and sprig of lavender & enjoy your Lavender Paloma!
Guest blog by Jamie Greenberg
Hey babes!!!! Today I thought I’d do a quick get ready with me video to show you guys all the products that I use on a regular basis!! Everyone’s constantly asking me what products I’m always wearing, so here it is!! From skincare to beauty to a little bit of singing along the way, find out what I’m currently obsessing over!!
- S’well Bottle
- Altchek Depuff Eye Pads
- Skin Inc Face Serum
- Caudalie ‘Premier Cru’ Cream
- Caudalie ‘Resveratrol Lift’ Eye Lifting Balm
- Butter London Palette [ShadowClutch-Pretty Proper]
- EM Michelle Scribble Calligraphy Liner [Black Coffee]
- Fiona Stiles Ultra Precisions Stylo [Odin]
- Jillian Dempsey Kohl Liner [Rich Brown]
- everskin Anti-Aging Lip Treatment
- Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara
- YSL Touche Eclat Le Teint: Radiance Awakening Foundation
- Batiste Dry Shampoo [Deep Brown]
- Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil
- Proactiv Sheer Finish Loose Powder: (no longer available)
- Rimmel London Kate Sculpting Palette [Coral Glow]
- Colorescience Mineral Corrector Palette
- Laura Geller Blush-n-Brighten Cheek Color
- Bareminerals Full Flawless Face Brush
- Lipstick Queen Cupid’s Bow Lip Pencil [Golden Arrow]
- NARS ‘Audacious’ Lipstick [Greta]
As the school year comes to a close and prom night approaches for high schoolers across the country, we’ve started to see a trend: S’well promposals! That’s right, folks. This means we’ve really made it. Couples from Florida, Alabama, Texas and everywhere in between are asking their beloveds to prom via S’well Bottle. We’re honored! Check out the young lovers in the gallery below.
From all of us at S’well Bottle HQ, we wish you a S’well prom night!
Here at S’well, we’d be lying if we said we didn’t fill our bottles with a cold beer every once and awhile. After all, our bottles are the perfect solution for keeping beer at just the right temperature and carbonated. And boy, do we enjoy an ice cold brewskie on a sunny Spring day. In celebration of National Beer Day, we took the liberty of compiling a list of our favorite beer gardens & breweries in the city. Prost!
In case you didn’t know, Radegast is all the rage. And why wouldn’t it be? Located in Williamsburg with a retractable roof and plenty of communal tables, it’s safe to assume that this beloved beer hall is always packed. The venue offers everything you’d expect and more: 22 beers on tap, 50+ bottled beers from around the world, sausage, and pretzels with their infamous beer cheese. Tables are on a first come, first served basis so be sure to get there early to grab a seat and enjoy some live jazz.
Located under the highline in the Meatpacking District, the Standard Biergarten is one of New York’s trendiest beer halls. Needless to say, this is a place to see and be seen – day or night. Typically glass-enclosed during the winter months, the space transforms into an open-air patio during the warmer Spring and Summer months. Cash in for beer tickets to get a glass as big as your head before you hit the ping pong tables. Bonus: the bartenders are dressed in mock lederhosen.
Ever since its founding in 1988, Brooklyn Brewery has been charged with making some of the best beer in NYC. In addition to actually producing their own beer, the brewery also offers tastings and tours of their facility throughout the week. Weekends are the best times to hit this must-try spot. But remember to come early, as lines typically start forming an hour before the doors open. Learn more about tours and tasting hours here.
As the oldest and one of the largest beer gardens in New York, Bohemian Hall continues to be one of the city’s best spots. Located in Astoria, the garden offers endless rows of picnic tables beneath canopied trees for all your socializing pleasures. There’s plenty of variety of both domestic and European brews, all offered at $6 pints and $16 pitchers.
Last but not least, Spritzenhaus. Another sprawling Brooklyn beer hall located just off of McCarren park. With over 100 beers on tap and a varied menu with endless sauce choices, Spritzenhaus is a must. At 6,000 square feet, the building offers a variety of amenities including a wood-burning fireplace for the cold, open windows for when it’s warm and swanky bathroom sinks with a pedal push feature.
The S’well marketing team is heading down to Austin, Texas this weekend for the South by Southwest film, music, and interactive media festival. In its entirety, the festival lasts 9 days and covers everything from film premieres and major musical acts to media presentations and emerging technologies. It’s definitely not our first rodeo so we’ve come to view ourselves as SXSW veterans. Here’s a list of essentials that always help to get the most out of the festival experience:
Sensible shoes are a must-have. The Adidas Superstar Foundation Shoes are the perfect mix between comfort and style.
A portable phone charger to make sure you’re always powered up. We’re obsessed with the Triple C Primo Universal Power Bank. It’s sleek, stylish, and works with basically any portable electronic device.
Texas is HOT, so hydration is always key. Lucky for us, we know good and well how to ensure proper hydration: S’well Bottles. We’re releasing a new Limited Edition S’well bottle called ‘Austin Night’, a designer collaboration with Yoon Hyup for SXSW. Austin Night will be available to purchase online at swellbottle.com on Monday March 14th.
By Sarah Kauss, Founder & CEO of S’well
Returning to earth is hard. But I am back on land – and in the office – after an incredible week at TED2016: Dream where I spent five days in a custom-built TED amphitheater inside the Vancouver Convention Centre. Can I just say that the setting was my idea of utopia? The beautiful space was surrounded by Vancouver Bay, where seaplanes would land just outside the convention center windows, and Whistler Mountain’s white capped ski slopes were visible in the near distance.
Inside the theater was an equally special environment. The 1,200-plus attendees, or TEDsters as we were called, were asked to be truly present during the course of the event. This meant that phones, computers and light-up screens were only allowed in the back rows of sessions to encourage everyone to be open to the learnings, lessons and insights of each of the 18-minute TED talks. What a breath of fresh air.
While the imagination and inspiration at TED was endless, there were a few things that stood out as must-share experiences that led to personal and sharable revelations.
Chasing the Hum
Let’s start with Shonda Rhimes’ talk about balance. The amazing writer and producer of the hit ABC show Scandal is responsible for over 70 hours of television each season. With her hands in other projects including Grey’s Anatomy and How to Get Away with Murder, it was no surprise when she said that she is addicted to work. While I completely relate to this obsession, Shonda gave an honest reflection about why it is important to find balance and happiness in her personal life. She talked about how she chased the work high or what she called “the hum” and how she was only able to rediscover it after finding time for her kids and her personal life. What she learned is that the hum is not work-specific, but “joy-specific.”
Balance is something we probably all know we need and, if you’re like me, don’t always seek out. Yet, the way Shonda spoke about chasing “the hum” made it seem like a necessity for truly claiming the dream of happiness.
Taking a Virtual Journey
The virtual world opened up and wowed me, unlike ever before. Virtual reality, augmented reality and holograms were hot topics this year and dream-like experience unto their own. At one talk in particular, we were gifted Google Cardboard Virtual Reality glasses. Together with the glasses, the entire amphitheater of TEDsters went on a journey through space and time from a U2 concert to an open helicopter ride over Central Park to a sing along in an African village.
The interactive experience was so spectacular that I brought the Google Cardboard back to the S’well office so my team could explore the experience firsthand. It was kind of magical to get the entire team inspired and see individual reactions to something so new and unique.
Chasing Personal Dreams
As sponsors four years running, S’well creates custom TED-edition S’well bottles for TEDsters to stay hydrated in style during the week (and after). Only these special edition S’well bottles are permitted to be used throughout the course of the week. No other drinks, cups, mugs or bottles are allowed.
As founder and dreamer-in-chief of S’well, it is beyond a dream to see TEDsters – from movie stars to astronauts, to writers and scientists, to film and television producers – proudly using their bottles while listening to big ideas about the future.
This was by far the most personal and fulfilling experience at TED2016: Dream, because it was seeing my dream live in action. It helped me return to work this week with a renewed energy for the business and our mission to make a major impact in the world. My guess is that this is exactly what TED meant to do – keep us working toward our dreams. So that’s why I pass this experience onto you.
When it comes to our summer drink of choice, we’ve got 3 simple words for you; Rosé. All. Day. With that in mind, we made the best summer accessory for you, the “#OnlyRosé” S’well bottle! Pour a full chilled bottle right into this 25oz bottle and bring it anywhere from a beach getaway to a rooftop party. And don’t worry about condensation getting on the inside of your bag. The double-walled lining will keep your bottle sweat free!
In honor of “Wine Wednesday” or wine any day, follow our Winesday Pinterest board, highlighting all things we love about wine.